10 Tips for Getting Ready for Your Exams
1. Go to sleep early the night before the exam. If you have trouble sleeping try reading a chapter of a non-school book or watching a bit of TV, this will help you relax and take your mind off the exams.
2. Eat well in the morning and the night before the exam. Your brain like the rest of your body needs fuel.
3. Make sure you have all your pens, pencils, set squares, calculator and ruler ready the night before. Make sure your calculator has a full battery for your maths, science and geography exams!
4. Do a small bit of revision in the morning but don’t do to much cramming because that will just stress you out. Make sure you look over the marking scheme and a possible timing scheme so you can get the very most out of every minute if the exam.
5. Come in plenty of time for your exam, rushing in late won’t help you or anyone.
6. Scan through the paper first don’t just dive straight into the first question. Read quickly through it and do you best question first. This way you will insure maximum marks for the work you have done if you run out of time.
7. Always, always, always read the question fully! and answer the question your asked not the question you have studied for!
8. Keep your answers concise and to the point. Rambling will just waste time and paper as well as annoying the examiner. Planning your answers out before hand either on paper or in your head will help you keep to the point.
9. Stick to your timing scheme and try to use every minute if your exam. If your finished early read and reread over your work correcting any mistakes you find.
10. Always try your very best. Use every single once of your knowledge and common sense and write an answer for every single question even if it’s just a wild guess.